Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beauty and the Beast
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Beauty and the Beast Reply with quote

Nuff said? lol

Doug

(My biggest 35mm camera (EOS 1-n RS) and my smallest (Olympus Trip 35)

(It's the 90 odd other blighters that fit between them that take up most of my study! lol)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Beauty and the Beast Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
Nuff said? lol

Doug

(It's the 90 odd other blighters that fit between them that take up most of my study! lol)

Which is beauty and which is beast? Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Beauty and the Beast Reply with quote

After about 10 minutes hauling each around on a hot humid day?

No contest!

lol

Doug

djmike wrote:
nemesis101 wrote:
Nuff said? lol

Doug

Which is beauty and which is beast? Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one of my smaller cameras (battery of lenses and accessories not shown Laughing )

[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you like the EOS 1-n RS? I was going to buy one a few years ago. A friend talked me out of it. He said their was something or other I wouldn't like about it. I wonder if he knew what he was talking about now that its to late.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Short answer? It's a blessing... and a curse! The quality feel is amazing, it truly feels like it was hewn and carved from solid, rather than assembled. For its day (mid 90's) it had amazing metering, and a 100% viewfinder, 10 frames a second (great for taking pictures of birds taking off from the lake, or sports) and NO mirror slap / loss of view during exposure. Oh and the always connected power drive takes good old plain AA batteries.

The down sides? Changing the focus screen is a give to Canon job because of the non-moving mirror and location of metering / focus cells. One could I guess get brave but.... remember these cost as much as a good second hand small car...! A slight (2/3) stop loss of maximum exposure due to the semi transparent mirror, and a considerable mass, which makes it a VERY stable camera in the hand, but no friend of one's neck or wrist!

I can't see what your friend had against them? In their day, they were the camera of choice of every sports photo-pro, and more than anything the EOS 1, and In, and 1n RS were responsible for the victory of Canon over Nikon in the professional marketplace?

Given that bar the digital element, one would need to spend about 6,000 dollars today- and still lack the dynamic range and archival quality of film where all you need do is hold the slide up to a light source, no camera / computer / electricity / gadgetry required... What's not to like? lol

Doug

PS How is it too late...? One can sometimes, if patient, spot these for under 125 dollars (1n) though of course the RS can reach collector-levels pricing (if not quite Arsenal's!) as there were very few made, given their price when new!

Schnauzer wrote:
How do you like the EOS 1-n RS? I was going to buy one a few years ago. A friend talked me out of it. He said their was something or other I wouldn't like about it. I wonder if he knew what he was talking about now that its to late.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PS How is it too late...? One can sometimes, if patient, spot these for under 125 dollars (1n) though of course the RS can reach collector-levels pricing (if not quite Arsenal's!) as there were very few made, given their price when new!

Its not too late really. I bought an EOS 3 with battery grip (also takes 6 AA batteries) instead and am very happy with it is all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the EOS3 - I thought I had bought one awhile back,,, but the seller kept delaying and delaying then admitted that AFTER I had 'won' he had a better offer locally off eBay and sold it privately!!!

I liked the 1n RS for shots at air-shows, where i was never quite sure what would / had happened and the constant view finder and 10fps got me out of trouble! lol

The only things the 1N series has are better sealing and a better (or at least larger) 100% viewfinder. It's amazing how we now with digital take cropping in-computer for granted. I know my framing is always far more careful with film!

Doug.

Schnauzer wrote:
Quote:

Its not too late really. I bought an EOS 3 with battery grip (also takes 6 AA batteries) instead and am very happy with it is all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice beauty and nice beast...

What about some samples?.

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do!

Awaiting new lamp for my scanner... as soon as fixed and recalibrated.. your wish will be my command!

lol

Doug

Jesito wrote:
Nice beauty and nice beast...

What about some samples?.

Regards,

Jes.