Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M40x0,75 which mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: M40x0,75 which mount? Reply with quote

can anybody tell me which mount this is?

M40x0,75

i already searched it but i could not find anything that explains it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put to search bar of Google "Praktiflex M40" I have one camera+matched Biotar 58mm f2 lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Exakta and late models of VP Exaktas (post 1933). There are also other systems using this screw-mount. However, if the lens has only aperture and not focusion ring, it's 90% the VP/Night Exakta lens. These exaktas had focusing helicoid build-in the body.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any cheap way to mount it to canon-ef?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience with praktiflex lenses, but as for the VP Exakta lenses, you can use bellow or the shorter focusing helicoid from Alex + adapter ring (M42 -> 40x0.75).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was common for lenses which were planned to fit into a size #1 shutter many years ago.

Leitz used it for instance for their special Milar, Summar and later Photar series of macro lenses used in the Aristophot system, as well as Polaroid for their MP4 macro stand with the Tominon series of macro lenses (17 - 135mm focal lengths).

And no, there is no direct fitting adaptor to Canon EF, but one could be made of course by someone knowing to use a lathe ("Drehbank" in german).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much klaus! Wink

what is the register of m40 mount?

i read (dont remember if it was here) that there could be a way to adapt it via special exakta extension tubes. but i didnt understand it completly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone ever tried to adapt this via using tape around the mount fit it to m42 screw mount? this would be not the most precise way, but it could be a way, or not?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my Night Primoplan this way Smile I wrapped the thread with the plastic food foil and inserted into M42 extension ring. It works:

http://forum.mflenses.com/night-flowers-t16763.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I would only do that with really precious lenses which cannot be replaced..... Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
I use my Night Primoplan this way Smile I wrapped the thread with the plastic food foil and inserted into M42 extension ring. It works:

http://forum.mflenses.com/night-flowers-t16763.html

wow... great shots with a distinctive atmosphere!

and plastic food foil should be better than tape, when i think of removing it one day! thank you very much for this advice.