Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with lens mount ID
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Help with lens mount ID Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Here's a bargain lens I happened upon recently - I only took it out of its case this evening, and the mount has me stumped completely.

There's no aperture selection ring, but the mechanism is in place (visible in the first photo), and works.

It's probably a really popular type of mount, but one which has strangely evaded me so far, it'd be great to have a definitive answer though so I can go look for an adapter for it Wink

My thanks in advance Idea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topcor UV.

For this: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/beseler/beseler_topcon_auto_100/beseler_auto100.htm

This thread may also be worth a read as it indicates Topcon cameras apparently had two different mounts; the widely known Exakta based one and the UV one:

http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00L24u

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this it ?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2242/2103677027_75309b1730.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

These are leaf shutter SLRs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help guys - seems like I've got a very pretty (to me anyway), and inexpensive paperweight now Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Thanks for your help guys - seems like I've got a very pretty (to me anyway), and inexpensive paperweight now Laughing

I have one too Laughing same lesson Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I have one too Laughing same lesson Laughing

Too funny Laughing Laughing Laughing

I feel a bit like the penguin in your avatar now Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame - the topcon RE's are commanding daunting prices right now, but they really are spectacular lenses. I guess the secret is getting out.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Shame - the topcon RE's are commanding daunting prices right now, but they really are spectacular lenses. I guess the secret is getting out.

patrickh

I got to thinking last night whilst looking at the lens on my desk - and I decided that I'm going to make it work.

Okay, so it might only function wide-open (the Cyclop variant of the Helios-40-2 I have is the same, and it's pretty good), but at least I'll be able to use it for its intended purpose.

Took some of the back end off (nothing which isn't reversible), and am prepared to perform surgery on an old Sigma for its Canon mount, but am determined to be able to use it for something other than a paperweight/doorstop. I also have a horribly fungussy Tamron which might get to donate its aperture mechanism (they look very similar, and the diameter is the same) - so who knows, we may have a functional lens after all.

Updates as and when they occur Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
patrickh wrote:

patrickh

I got to thinking last night whilst looking at the lens on my desk - and I decided that I'm going to make it work.

Okay, so it might only function wide-open (the Cyclop variant of the Helios-40-2 I have is the same, and it's pretty good), but at least I'll be able to use it for its intended purpose.

Took some of the back end off (nothing which isn't reversible), and am prepared to perform surgery on an old Sigma for its Canon mount, but am determined to be able to use it for something other than a paperweight/doorstop. I also have a horribly fungussy Tamron which might get to donate its aperture mechanism (they look very similar, and the diameter is the same) - so who knows, we may have a functional lens after all.

Updates as and when they occur Wink

Thats great ! Looking forward to your Lenskenstein ! Laughing