Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What would I get for my: SMC 135 1:2.5 & Super tak 55? M
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: What would I get for my: SMC 135 1:2.5 & Super tak 55? M Reply with quote

Super-Multi-Coat Takumar 1:2.5/135 (Bit Loose, can hear it click when you shift the dial up and down, but PERFECT glass, super contrasty), wear on paint, no fungus or dust/oil on blades.

And

Super-Takumar 1:2/55 in perfect condition, like new.

Just wondering, because I might be letting them go Sad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What would I get for my: SMC 135 1:2.5 & Super tak 5 Reply with quote

Razster wrote:
Super-Multi-Coat Takumar 1:2.5/135 (Bit Loose, can hear it click when you shift the dial up and down, but PERFECT glass, super contrasty), wear on paint, no fungus or dust/oil on blades.

And

Super-Takumar 1:2/55 in perfect condition, like new.

Just wondering, because I might be letting them go Sad

Depending on what version, I or II, of 135/2.5 you have, it can be between around $80-100 for v.I to about $150 for a mint sample of v.II, adjust for lens condition. Here's how to ID them: http://www.aohc.it/tak04e.htm (part number is etched on the bottom of A/M switch).

Super-Tak 55/2 is currently undervalued, and often goes for peanuts. I got mine for $10, but it's common for a mint sample to fetch $25 on eBay. Considering its excellent optical qualities, I would keep this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't impressed much about 2.5/135mm 2/55mm a nice lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid 35 euros for a SMC 55/2 in perfect condition, and I think Ebay prices are generally lower.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I wasn't impressed much about 2.5/135mm 2/55mm a nice lens.

Yes, v.I fails to impress. It lacks the usual Takumar sharpness and bokeh. I've heard that v.II, a different optical construction altogether, is way better in all respects. To make things more complicated, Pentax did the change completely silently, without changing lens' outside design or inscriptions. The only thing that makes it possible to ID v.I vs. v.II lenses is the number etched on the bottom of the A/M switch.

I have the v.I, and it's quite a basic lens compared to 135/3.5 or 150/4.