Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Zoo Reply with quote

There has been so many excellent zoo series in this forum so I'm not sure if I can add anything.
Anyhow, Tokina 300 and Nikkor 85 applied at the nearby zoo.

I like this zoo because the enclosures are large, and rather than having the largest amount of species possible they tend to keep the ones the can take best care of. The keepers also seem to be very dedicated, but maybe thats the case with all zoos.

I'm not done processing the shots yet (took over 100), but these are the ones I like best so far.

A Harris Buzzard. I was lucky enough be on spot when they was doing his daily exercise (catching pieces of meat in flight).
He was flying over the crowd at high speed, seemingly effortless, and so close that you could feel the draft.

Nothing really stopped him from escaping, but I guess he had no reason to. According to the girl he had a mind of his own though, and didn't always do what they intended.

A young tiger

Very difficult light conditions at the dolphin display, 1.8 on the Nikkor came in quite useful.

Count the camels

This shot became quite noisy since I had to rescue it from under exposure, but I thought B/W and a bit of Tri-x look could make sense.

This is an old capture from the same park, when we had the opportunity to enter the wolf enclosure. Not a good capture or camera, but a moment to remember.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a great series! Many of them superb! Like young tiger!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven - very nice serie!!!

I like an action shots ..

tf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series. Love that first tiger picture.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb series Sven!
I counted 10 camels

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!

I like the tiger shots best myself. They have a color scheme which often comes out nicely on photos.

One thing I learned from this visit is that even though it's nice to visit a park in bright sunlight, i has some disadvantages.
The animals becomes less active and the light tend to be a bit harsh and creates too much contrasts.