Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ever heard of Osawa and Image brand lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Ever heard of Osawa and Image brand lenses? Reply with quote

I saw a used zoom lens with the brand name of Image. is anyone familiar with this lens? Any info, as I could not find in the internet.

Secondly, I saw an Osawa zoom lens at a local flea market. Who made this lens and what is the performance? Is it made by Mamiya?

Thanks for info

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a huge Osawa 60-260mm lens actually which is really well built and performs quite well. The only problem I found was purple fringing.

There's been some discussion about Osawa in the past, I believe they made third party lenses for Mamiya among others. Some people claim that Mamiya made the lenses and Osawa rebranded them, but I'm not sure what would be in it for Mamiya then?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 'Image' was used by Vivitar.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
I think 'Image' was used by Vivitar.

That's right. An example...

Click here to see on Ebay