Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WANTED:ASAHI PENTAX K1000
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: WANTED:ASAHI PENTAX K1000 Reply with quote

Hi all.recently i won a PK mount lens cheaply on ebay,but i dont have a K mount body.being eager to try it out,i'm looking to buy an Asahi Pentax K1000 camera,either with lens (any!) or body only.it must be in working condition mechanically.cosmetically,it'd be nice to have one thats near mint,but i dont really mind.also,it must be reasonably priced.being a student,my budget is tight Sad
if possible,i want the version that was made in japan,and not the newer ones made in china/hongkong.i know,theres a lot of this cameras on ebay,but i'd rather buy one from a collector or a person who knows his stuff.and the ones on ebay are sometimes so expensive!
I know the KX,KM,K2,MX are better than the K1000,but they tend to be even more expensive,so i think my choice is limited to the k1000 now.
I'm based in Malaysia,so seller must be willing to ship it here.i'll pay extra to cover paypal fees,n shipping.and i can only pay via paypal.
I really hope someone here is willing to let go n sell me this camera at a decent price.thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had one to sell you. I gave my K1000 away to a photography class at a local high school. but your idea that the other K series cameras tend to be more expensive is actually quite wrong. because of the 'cult' following the K1000 has, all but the top (or rarer K's) are usually more expensive. such as the K2 /(black) K2DMD. you can usually get a KM or a KX for equal to or cheaper than a K1000.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some available. What is your budget?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I have some available. What is your budget?"
Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just the casualness with which that comes out is great. Serious CBA.

Mind you I have : P30, Program A, MZ-30, 3 MXs. Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edumad wrote:
"I have some available. What is your budget?"
Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just the casualness with which that comes out is great. Serious CBA.

Mind you I have : P30, Program A, MZ-30, 3 MXs. Embarassed

Happy to amuse you. Now amuse me by explaining what this means?
Quote:
Serious CBA.
Question Question

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBA=Camera buying addiction. not unlike that of LBA or lens buying addiction. I myself suffer from CBA and Takumar LBA.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Ok

Actually I just happened to rescue a box of old Pentax cameras.
The intention was to reseal them and clean them up for student cameras.
So, anyway there are 4 in various condition and various prices.
Also a few spotties. All the cameras have working meters and function fully which is great.
I will not keep any of them so if anyone wants to be a student ................ Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lucky dog...

Were it not for the fact that I have my hands full from just the K10D and MX, I'd inquire about and SPII.
One day, I'll find a cheap, minty one on ebay.
It is one beautifull piece of kit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16Sunshine: I'll send you a PM..thanks for the generous offer! =)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just acquired an original Asahi Pentax 'AP'. at this point I have all the Pentax bodies I need. (I reached that point a while ago actually) unless of course someone has a good quality AsahiFlex I or IA they would like to sell me at a decent price?