Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 (Rollei-QB), low-light, wide open
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 (Rollei-QB), low-light, wide open Reply with quote

Canon EOS 50D + Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50
Live View experiments so the focusing point is right in the middle of the frame Smile
I'm pretty satisfied with the low light performance of the duo, my 5D would produce even greater images but APS-C performance is also very good.
And Live View is a really good aid when using MF lenses so I really want the new 5D Very Happy

Bokeh with 5D:

Last edited by yalcinaydin on Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Yalcin! nices samples
difficult to believe that some don't like the great bokeh in#2#3 and prefer mashed potatoes blur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice samples, Yalçin!
Congrats for the lens, it's a really keeper one.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes - I agree with previous statements -

The samples really show the lens capability..

Congrats - Contax Planar 1.4/50 is a must-have lens! Smile

tf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
yes - I agree with previous statements -

The samples really show the lens capability..

Congrats - Contax Planar 1.4/50 is a must-have lens! Smile

tf

I realized that I had forgot to mention, it is a Rollei-QB not a Contax as my collection is based on Rollei-QB mounted Zeiss Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yalcin wrote:
it is a Rollei-QB not a Contax

yes, important to notice as contax 50:1.4 doesn't have those awful double contour highlights
I have 2000 shots with contax 50:1.4 and only a few have highlights, this is the worst I found ( and it was my fault : no hood again )