Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-37A MC-H-30
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Jupiter-37A MC-H-30 Reply with quote

Decided to keep it after all, even if it was not in excellent condition like the eBay description said. Still takes sharp pictures.
I still don't know what the H-30 stands for, nobody seems to know. Oh well it makes it a more rare version I guess. Smile

All shot wide open.

Didn't even see the ant when I took this shot.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H perhaps means Nikon mount, nice sharp lens indeed.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good confirmation of this surprising lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A slightly more interesting subject this time, followed it for 10 minutes or so. Only the last shot was spot on with the focus, all the others are a little bit off, oh well. First time trying to take photos of insects. Next time. Smile
Only cropping and resizing done.
Bee Life.

http://xmages.net/out.php/i232772_BeeLifeF.jpg Bigger pic.

100% Crop

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
H perhaps means Nikon mount....

I think that you are right.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadows, could you post photos from front and rear sides of this lens? Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
Attila wrote:
H perhaps means Nikon mount....

I think that you are right.

But Jupiter 37A MC-H-30 is M42 - look at these pictures:

http://img.jvacek.com/jup37mc_005.jpg
http://img.jvacek.com/jup37mc_006.jpg

I think it could mean version of the MC layers, but it's just a guess...

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be worth asking here, http://www.ussrphoto.com/, there are some pretty knowledgeable guys (not me!) here who might just know Very Happy about the H-30 bit

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djmike wrote:
Shadows, could you post photos from front and rear sides of this lens? Thanks.

Here you go,

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from "H" Jupiters, there are also "H" Mir and other russian lenses. The "H" in cyrillic is an N, standing for Nikon - just as K stands for K-mount and M for M42.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't the H also stand for N Neutral density filter?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be: in russian "neutral density filter" also begins with an "H": нейтральный фильтр плотност. But you explain the coincidence that all russian lenses with an "H" in their denomination (Mir, Helios, Arsat, Granit, you name it) have a Nikon mount. Nikon the only russian lens mount with an ND filter? Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But you explain the coincidence that all russian lenses with an "H" in their denomination (Mir, Helios, Arsat, Granit, you name it) have a Nikon mount. Nikon the only russian lens mount with an ND filter?

Well I dont know just throwing out ideas Wink. Im still curious what the 30 would stand for then.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These letters have some special order. The "H" means Nikon mount, but only if the letter is written after the number, e.g. MIR-24H. This is not the case. This lens isn't Jupiter-37H (that would mean Nikon mount), but Jupiter-37A MC-30-H, so the "30-H" is definetely related to the MC.

The order of the letters really has some meaning. E.g. Helios-44M-4 means Helios 44 for M42 mount, 4th version. But Helios-44-3M doesn't mean Helios 44 for M42 mount, 3rd version, but Helios 44, 3rd version, Macro.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found an old offer (of same lens probably) here: http://www.digicamclub.de/showthread.php?t=9141

It says: focussing f:1.2-30m, infinity

Could that be it?

Last edited by hasan on Fri May 22, 2009 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this seems to be the same lens, as yours:
https://ssl.aukro.cz/item608703371_jupiter_37a_mc_h_30_3_5_135_m42.html

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typo: from 1,20m till 30m, than infinity. So a reasonable short min. focus distance.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Typo: from 1,20m till 30m, than infinity. So a reasonable short min. focus distance.

Thanks I corrected it Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From czech to english online translator.

This is the version of the MC layer, but not classic 37AM, but the MC-37A H-30. It is a greater rarity,
37AM models are produced in the 90 to years. This comes even from 1983.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-x wrote:
Quote:
But Helios-44-3M doesn't mean Helios 44 for M42 mount, 3rd version, but Helios 44, 3rd version, Macro.

Are you sure? Because it makes me think of my first SLR - a Zenith 3M, with a Helios 44. Had a 39X1mm thread, and I quickly discovered that there were not that many lenses to choose from (apart from rthe Tair 300 mm). As far as the Jupiter 37A MC-30-H is concerned: things are getting curiouser and curiouser, because the C actually is an S. Unless it is in red because it stands for [foreign mode on]MultiCoated[foreign mode off]

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios-44-3M is macro version of Helios-44-3. It's a special M42 lens made by MMZ, its focusing part should be replaceable by a macro bellow.