Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Rikenon 55/1.4 samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Auto Rikenon 55/1.4 samples Reply with quote

This is my first manual focus lense and I have been using it for a few weeks time now. My first intention was just to buy a less expensive alternative for a fast AF lense. So far the results have been good, although I can not compare this lense to other manual focus lenses. the advantages are of course obvious, I can use narrower DOF and take pictures in darker environments. I didn't expect that taking pictures with older lense would be this fun though, the lense feels much more solid than the kit lense and you really have to think about the photo because everything has to be done manually. On the down side, the focusing screen on Olympus E-400 is not that good for manual focus and the 2x crop factor makes it quite hard to use the the Rikenon lense indoors. Well, some you win, some you lose:D

Thanks all for this forum, without it I wouldn't have had the courage to try this. Here is some samples I have taken during a few weeks time. Not a series, just some shots I like myself.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great samples! superb compositions, thank for sharing

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

You are from Oulu as well, as one can see from the photos Smile.

Familiar subjects captured nicely.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soikka wrote:
Welcome!

You are from Oulu as well, as one can see from the photos Smile.

Familiar subjects captured nicely.

Thanks, yes I saw that you were from Oulu from your previous sets, and I just couldn't help my self taking that bridge picture too when I was passing by Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too thought I recognized ... the bicycle of all things. Hienosti tehty.

I have a couple of Auto Rikenons which are well made (actually the 28 isn't: the screw mount is on sideways)... but this 55/1.4 looks to be special indeed.

Did I mention the bicycles are my favorite?

p.s. you wouldn't happen to be a Melartin?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
I too thought I recognized ... the bicycle of all things. Hienosti tehty.

I have a couple of Auto Rikenons which are well made (actually the 28 isn't: the screw mount is on sideways)... but this 55/1.4 looks to be special indeed.

Did I mention the bicycles are my favorite?

p.s. you wouldn't happen to be a Melartin?

Hi and thanks for the comment:) No, I'm not Melartin. Have you lived hereabouts? Did you mean that you recognised the bicycle? Thats really some coincidense. Yes, at the moment I'm really pleased with the lense, I might have got lucky with this one.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry just had to post this as you had the same target again Smile. (can remove if you want to)
The same fountains.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to remove it Soikka, great picture:)