Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2 new purchases: Accura 135mm 3.5 and a Fotomat 24mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: 2 new purchases: Accura 135mm 3.5 and a Fotomat 24mm 2.8 Reply with quote

Well, I stopped by a local pawn shop and picked up two lenses today.

The first is an Accura 135mm 3.5 for FD mount. I was itching to go long on an older Canon T50 I picked up from my father a couple years ago. For $10 USD and a Hoya Pro filter, I couldn't really refuse.

I also casually asked about another lens that caught my eye. It's a Fotomat 24mm 2.8 MC w/Macro lens.

Now, I'm not too sure what mount it is, but I want to say it's an OM mount???? Can anyone confirm? If it is, then I believe there are direct OM-EOS adapters out there. Is it worth going down this road? I've seen some older Zuiko lenses that are gorgeous. Any opinions? I should mention I was able to get this lens for free, so if it isn't worth going down the OM-EOS route, then I can always try selling it, or just keep it on display/collection.

The pictures.... sorry for the shake; cat decided it was going to run into my leg while chasing a fly while I snapped the shot. Rolling Eyes

Is this OM mount?

The purchase:

As always, thanks guys/gals.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like an OM mount to me.

Any 24mm is a bargain at $10.

Fotomat sounds like one of the thousands of merchants brands, the maker could be any third party maker of the late 1970's-early 1980's from its looks. Its certainly not a Zuiko, but it may be quite decent.

A side view of the lens may help someone identify it.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the serial beginning with 'K' means anything?

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help so far guys. Maybe these will give a more definitive answer:

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OM