Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just got a Fujica 605
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Just got a Fujica 605 Reply with quote

Taken yesterday directly from the seller Smile 20 euros with the lens, a fuji 50 2.2 (the most economic 50 among fuji lenses)

it's in good condition, the only flaw is that after taking a shot the release doesn't came back up, and before winding the film lever for the next shot i have to slightly push it ahead to make the release came back up and the wind lever turn freely.

The meter works and the timings seems correct Very Happy and i'm very glad it uses the SR/LR44 (very common).

Here are some pics of it with the Fuji 50 1.4 (that i already had) mounted. The lens looks bigger than how really is due to the 605 being a pretty compact cam.

And now i can use my m42 lenses on film Very Happy time to try the Tak 35 as first Very Happy

Last edited by mUg on Sat May 09, 2009 1:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb catch for 20 euros Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent - I've had one for a couple of years now, and it is a very nifty little camera. Little! for a screw mount, yes. And it has a split prism which isn't usual for screw mount cameras either.

About the only thing that's hard for me is the meter needle to the side, as with my glasses and the lens stopped down I have a hard time seeing it.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:

About the only thing that's hard for me is the meter needle to the side, as with my glasses and the lens stopped down I have a hard time seeing it.

Ah yeah, i've found it's quite the same for me, i also have a better look into the viewfinder while holding the camera vertically. But for me it's a minor issue since i use to wear contact lenses more often then glasses.

Anyhow, the mirror is bigger and even brighter than the one on my dslr. Also the split prism helps a lot with manual focusing.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! I like this camera, nice one!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Smile

mUg wrote:

Anyhow, the mirror is bigger and even brighter than the one on my dslr. Also the split prism helps a lot with manual focusing.

That's normal; the 35mm film's frame has twice the suface as the APS/DX sensor dSLR's (if it's not a FF dSLR cam. like Canon 5D , 1Ds, Nikon D700 , D3/x or Sony A900 Smile ) .

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
Congratulations Smile

mUg wrote:

That's normal; the 35mm film's frame has twice the suface as the APS/DX sensor dSLR's (if it's not a FF dSLR cam. like Canon 5D , 1Ds, Nikon D700 , D3/x or Sony A900 Smile ) .

Ah yep i heard that before, and i've already tried a Zenit E frame...but the Fujica's one is way better, the Zenit i've tried also had a reflexing surface on the buttom of the frame, quite annoying.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fujicas, despite being one of the smallest of the 70s SLRs, is certainly one of the brightest. I just recently ran across a st701. This was before the company started to build them with split-screen focusing. I actually prefer a plain microprism. I've heard the st801 is only beaten by the Cosina Bessaflex!

That lens looks fantastic!!! (The f1.4 I mean)

~Marc

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:

That lens looks fantastic!!! (The f1.4 I mean)

~Marc

Yeah, the shame is that until now i didn't used it that often since i only had a digital slr, and on it behaves as a 80-85 lens (there is even some dust on the lens, lol Laughing ) but now with the Fujica i'm gonna put it under good use Wink

The 55 2.2 is interesting on the optical side, it's a 4 elements 50 i think ( at least for that it's said on this site under the M42 lenses http://www.pentax-manuals.com/fujica/fujica.htm )

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Just got a Fujica 605 Reply with quote

mUg wrote:
Taken yesterday directly from the seller Smile 20 euros with the lens, a fuji 50 2.2 (the most economic 50 among fuji lenses)............

compact cam.

wow, you're lucky to get this good M42 camera. Is 50/2.2 single coated?

Last edited by djmike on Sun May 10, 2009 12:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Just got a Fujica 605 Reply with quote

djmike wrote:
mUg wrote:
Taken yesterday directly from the seller Smile 20 euros with the lens, a fuji 50 2.2 (the most economic 50 among fuji lenses)............

compact cam.

wow, you're lucky to get this good M42 camera. Is 50/2.2 single coated?

Hmm honestly i don't know, the front and rear elements have a blue-ish like color to it...for sure it's not an EBC lens, the 50 1.4 is an ebc and the coating seems effective.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own ST605N. It's a nice little camera, but I prefer my ST705w and 801 bodies.

Here's part of my collection.