Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Replacing the C/Y mount of a CZ Planar 1.7 50mm by Pentax-K
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Replacing the C/Y mount of a CZ Planar 1.7 50mm by Pentax-K Reply with quote

Finally I got the kit from Leitax, and I've managed to spare half an hour to do the replacement.

The swap is very simple, the guys at Leitax have published a detailed step by step procedure that is extremely easy to follow.

The victim will be the CZ Planar I got from Andy (F16sunshine), one of the mintiest Planars I have ever had. (Andy was so kind of dropping a Sigma mini-wide in the parcel, so many thanks, Andy!).

The first step is to remove the four screws that support the mount:

Take out the mount with the diaphragm ring

Save and keep safe the click ring, the small ball.

Add the included spring for the diaphragm ring:

Finally put on the new K mount with the original 4 screws:

Time to enjoy it!

Quick and dirty first samples to certify that everything is okay.

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jes for this nice report!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report Jesito. Seems to be a easy job.

Though I already have some nice 1.4/50mm lenses,
what would be a good price for a CZJ 1.4/50mm C/Y?
I'd like to try out one of those.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Thank you Jes for this nice report!

You're welcome, Attila.

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Replacing the C/Y mount of a CZ Planar 1.7 50mm by Penta Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Finally I got the kit from Leitax, and I've managed to spare half an hour to do the replacement.

The swap is very simple, the guys at Leitax have published a detailed step by step procedure that is extremely easy to follow.

30 mins - that was fast. Hopefully some day someone comes up with a replacement kit for Minolta/Sony.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hasan wrote:
Thanks for the report Jesito. Seems to be a easy job.

Though I already have some nice 1.4/50mm lenses,
what would be a good price for a CZJ 1.4/50mm C/Y?
I'd like to try out one of those.

I do prefer the CZ Planar 1.7 over the 1.4.

I paid in between 100€ and 150€ for my Planars 1.7, although from time to time there are some appereances of Contax film bodies carrying the Planar for surprising prices.

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Replacing the C/Y mount of a CZ Planar 1.7 50mm by Penta Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Jesito wrote:

30 mins - that was fast. Hopefully some day someone comes up with a replacement kit for Minolta/Sony.

If I had to do the replacement now, it would take much less time....

I spent a lot of time just to be careful. Now that I know the process, the replacement could be done in 10-15' easily.

Regards,
Jes.