Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DIGITAL CONCEPTS PORTABLE LIGHTING STUDIO
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: DIGITAL CONCEPTS PORTABLE LIGHTING STUDIO Reply with quote

Over on PentaxForums.com, a question was asked about doing product shots. I mentioned this tool and thought I'd bring it up here also. Is anyone else using this for eBay shots or other closeups or macros? Or do you have another favorite?

My mother-in-law gave me a cheap folding ministudio [DIGITAL CONCEPTS PORTABLE LIGHTING STUDIO] which makes a 16-inch / 40cm cube when unfolded. The sides are light-tent white mesh. I'll put a diffused CFL on one side and bounce the included mini-spots off my white ceiling, or off a cheap (WalMart) auto sunscreen's metallic reflective side.

I may line the bottom and back with thin milk-pale parchment paper, and support the subjects with milky-white translucent plastic containers (tupperware, etc) that just disappear against the lining and sides. Otherwise I can use the included backgrounds of black, blue, or grey. My setup is usually atop a shipping box atop a table to give the proper elevation. (I'm 1.8m / 6'4" tall and I *really* don't like to bend over much.)

I like this because 1) it was a gift; 2) lights, mini-tripod and backgrounds are included; 3) it's quite portable -- it's traveled between Guatemala and Alaska already. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.