Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon AiS Nikkor 24mm f2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Nikon AiS Nikkor 24mm f2 Reply with quote

Cosmetics: great (I would rate it 8.5/10), with just 1 relatively bad scratch around the "N" letter in the "NIKKOR" logo.

Optics: immaculate (I would rate it 10/10), no scratches, fungus, clouding, wipe marks that I can discern; usual amount of internal dust can be seen

Mechanics: flawless; focus smooth, aperture nice firm clicks, blades oil-free, and open/close is snappy

Price: $275US + shipping + Paypal fee, if applicable (e.g., if you are in the US and want to pay me with Paypal funds, rather than credit card, then there is no Paypal fee). Other means of payment can be discussed, e.g., money order, personal check, etc.

Comes with: front & back caps and HN-1 hood designed for the lens. The front cap is kind of cruddy because the former owner put a masking tape with the number "24" on it which is stuck there and corroding Sad Also the Hoya 52mm UV(0) filter that, according to the previous owner, was always kept on the front of the lens since he purchased the lens Very Happy

I want you to take a very good look at the lens so I've uploaded full-size images

HERE

remember to click the magnifying glass icon to see the zoomed full size.

I will keep this here for 1 day, and if I don't get a taker, I'll put it up on Ebay.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful presentatin of a great lens!

Come on guys! Who does not need a nice wide angle?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is on my wish list, but I´m waiting for a 28/2 Nikkor just now...

Why are you selling, if I may ask?

Have you noticed, that you can use a 72 mm lens cap with HN-1 and HN-3 hoods, I believe also with a HN-2.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:
This is on my wish list, but I´m waiting for a 28/2 Nikkor just now...

Why are you selling, if I may ask?

Have you noticed, that you can use a 72 mm lens cap with HN-1 and HN-3 hoods, I believe also with a HN-2.

I'm just curious. We all have a wish list. Why stick to a certain order when buying lenses on the list.
Here is a perfect example of the lens from a reliable source. A full kit with hood and all.
Why wait because another lens is first on the queue?
Again just curious. I used to do the same. Now I take a lens from my queue based on condition and availability even should another lens be higher up the list.
I mean we all know the list will be exhausted soon enough and a new one made Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant, that I have bought a 28/2, I´m waiting it to arrive. I must give a little time for my wallet to fatten up again... and I have a 24/2.8 I´m perfectly satisfied with. So maybe the next year... or next month...who knows. Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see. Thanks for the reply Smile
enjoy your new 28!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Andy's views. This is a really great lens and looks a way better than my version!

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi y'all, thanks for the conversation and the endorsements. I went out with this lens today to take some sample shots. If anybody wants this, you'd better hurry because the way some of the shots turned out, I might change my mind about selling it LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

The middle shot, obviously, is cropped, so not a good example to measure edge sharpness, but color rendition is discernible. I curse my lack of photography skills, or I could make the lens look even better :-\

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now listed this on Ebay.

Click here to see on Ebay

The offer here still stands, with the condition that you contact me before I get a bidder, so that I can cancel the auction without fees Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, ha. I don't have to face the agony. I can't use this on my camera. Someone quickly take it.