Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon K 28mm 3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Nikon K 28mm 3.5 Reply with quote

Could someone please explain me what the K version is?
Couldnt find anything usefull on google.

i have the opportunity to buy this lens, is it recommendabel ?

lens series nr. 208549

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K is is a way of referring to the last plain F mount (non ai) version of a lens. Sometimes they were different lens designs, but they were all multicoated with redesigned barrels that made them lighter and sometimes smaller.

The details usually with pictures can be found for all Nikon lenses at:

http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/serialno.html#55%20micro

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikon K 28mm 3.5 Reply with quote

yukselserdar wrote:
Could someone please explain me what the K version is?
lens series nr. 208549

Type K is pre-AI, but has the same "new" styling of the focus ring etc as the AI and AIS lenses (rubber focus ring instead of scalloped metal). The K series also had factory AI conversion kits available, while most of the older Nikkor lenses did not.

To identify by serial number see this table

yukselserdar wrote:
i have the opportunity to buy this lens, is it recommendabel ?

It should be inexpensive. It may already have been AI converted.

If cost is a major consideration, and its already AI converted, and costs very little, then its a reasonable lens.

If its not converted (so the conversion cost has to be added on top), or if you can afford a little more, then getting a Nikkor AIS 28mm f/2.8 will give significantly better quality especially at the wider apertures and at closer distances.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for reply, but im gonna drop this one. I dont know yet if its converted, but the seller wants a high price so im off.

Looking at the vivitar 28mm 2.5 (67mm) instead as i think its a cheapo. Though i bought the kiron 28mm 2.0 the other day Smile
and very pleased with it, even though its min. focus distance is pretty high.