Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trioplan macro sample
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Trioplan macro sample Reply with quote

I stuck my Meyer Trioplan and a couple of extension tubes on the Canon 5D Mk2 and got this (with the help of a flashgun):

Slightly back-focused, I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: I tried some macro-ish shots too Reply with quote

Hi Paul,
I think you are on the right track here with the ext tubes... but you are right, you just missed focus on the ladybug...
What was your aperture on that shot?

I tried my trioplan with a raynox 250 just for the fun of it... It was not bad, but unfortunately it looses the Magic OOF look
of the Trio and ends up just an average macro-ish lens.

I was hoping for some of that crazy bokeh with a bug shot... sort of a nightmare look.
Here are a couple with the Trioplan and Raynox 250 macro adaptor

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I was on f5.6, enough light to focus with but not wide open.

One thing I noticed was that a slightly out-of-focus specular highlight appeared as myriad tightly-packed concentric rings which were rather distracting. If I was preparing a shot with that for sale I think I would probably add a little selective blur to the ring to tone it down.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shot, high magnification make focus difficult
this ladybug open wings just when you push the shutter!
try to find a more professional bug Very Happy