Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for a Nikon AI kit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Looking for a Nikon AI kit Reply with quote

Hey all,

New to the place, first post, etc, etc.

Recently bought a Nikkor-O 35mm f/2 pre-AI, and am wanting to convert it using a Nikon AI kit. Specifically looking for AI Kit #33 if anyone has it.

I am in the Northeast US if anyone needs to know the location, and I have some feedback on eBay, unless there are other havens for 'good feedback' you would accept.

-Josh

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two places I know which stock AI conversion kits do not have this particular one:

Crystal Camera
Pacific Rim Camera

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I already checked there. Tried eBay for a bit, but couldn't find any for 35mm lenses, nevermind the one I need.

Trolled through Craigslist, no dice. KEH doesn't seem to have any at all, unless I am looking with the wrong criteria or search terms.

I was thinking someone might have one they wanted to sell for a reasonable price, rather than from a business, since it seems none too easy to find ones have them.

-Josh

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links, I will check them out.

Myself, I am looking for the Ai kit #44 to convert my Nikkor-Q 135/2.8
Any European Union sellers are of particular interest to me. If I can't find the factory conversion kit I'll have my local camera repair shop mill it for me.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymore, thanks, I have a 55/1.2 that has no AI kit on its' way to John as I type this.

If I can't find a kit, I will probably send the lens to John in a couple weeks (money permitting).

-Josh