Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Thing I got from the fleamarket
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Thing I got from the fleamarket Reply with quote

It was a hot hot day over here in sunny Singapore. My friend and I went to this junkyard fleamarket. Basically, they sells stuff ranging from handphones to dirty pots and pans. We managed to find a few lens like OM mount lenses, Soligor, Sigma, Yashica etc.

Here are those I bought.

Asahi Pentax K1000 with SMC 50mm f2. I found it on top of pile of 35mm compact film camera. Shutter seems working but mirror is stucked. Lens appears dirty , seem infected with fungus.

Yashica ML 50mm f2. It is infested with fungus. I was only able to clean the rear piece of glass and front most. I am unable to open it up. Screws and retaining rings is very very stiff and I even had 2 screwdrivers' blade twisted. Shocked

Nihon Super Wide Macro 0.42X. It is also infested with fungus. I manage to clean it. Screw thread quite small, I think should be 46 as I could not mount on any of my lenses yet. I hand held it with my lens set at infinity and do a tilt-shift. Very funny results I got. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't go wrong with any Pentax or Yashica great find!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
You can't go wrong with any Pentax or Yashica great find!

Yeah !

Oh by the way, is there a way to open the Yashica lens ? Front got some dent and there is no cutting on the retainer ring for my caliper to open it. Thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krisgage wrote:
Oh by the way, is there a way to open the Yashica lens ? Front got some dent and there is no cutting on the retainer ring for my caliper to open it. Thanks

MFLenses sell the tool to open that kind of ring. If you're in a hurry, go to your DIY center and buy an universal sink plug :

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
Krisgage wrote:

MFLenses sell the tool to open that kind of ring. If you're in a hurry, go to your DIY center and buy an universal sink plug :

Thank you ! Very Happy