Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just got a new toy !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Just got a new toy ! Reply with quote

I just bought this lens from one of the local second lenses and cameras shop. I love its bokeh and wow by its capabilities. To make this thread more interesting, I set a quiz. Can anyone guess what lens this is by looking at the photo of it ? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T4 or Tx --- Soligor or Vivitar. 135mm?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar Tokina-made (37.... serial number) in T4 mount 200mm f/3.5 later compact version.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I wouldn't have any idea as to what it might be - but congratulations on your new baby - and I'll never cease to be amazed by the knowledge of our community's members Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar 135mm I think - it looks like mine (M42) and mine is delightfully sharp for a miniscule amount purchase from my best friends at Goodwill!

Doug.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is T4 Vivitar, either 135. I have something similar that came unassembled (still is) in a box of lens I got from the auction site we all know. I am glad you like the IQ.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi everyone, thanks for all your answers, most of you got the name right, Vivitar but Luis got it it, Auto Vivitar 200mm f3.5 but it is M42 mount. You guys are great ! I am also amazed by solid built and quality built of this Vivitar. When I hold it , it feel just like a Zeiss Sonnar ! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have known from the distance scale (and f/stop) it wouldn't be a 135.

Here's the older large version:

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M42 mount on that is removable, and you can replace it with another mount for Nikon, Minolta, Canon FD, etc.

There is a switch on that lump on the rear knurled ring. Press that down and turn the ring, and the M42 mount will come off.

That is the T4 interchangable mount system.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
The M42 mount on that is removable, and you can replace it with another mount for Nikon, Minolta, Canon FD, etc.

There is a switch on that lump on the rear knurled ring. Press that down and turn the ring, and the M42 mount will come off.

That is the T4 interchangable mount system.

On the lump it says O<-->L

I put the switch and turn, it is hard and won't rotate

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thats a T4.

It can be hard to open if its been on there for 40 years.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, just a side view of the lens and you guys can even correctly guess the company that made the lens. I am amazed.