Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A1. can only have AE mode or the ability to get DOF preview.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: A1. can only have AE mode or the ability to get DOF preview. Reply with quote

seems with my A1 I'm having an issue to where if I put the lens on the camera with the shutter uncocked I get AE mode on the camera but I can't get any depth of field preview. it either won't actuate the apreture at all, or I can put the lens on with a cocked shutter and instead what I get is depth of field preview but now when I put it in AE mode on the lens all I get are the red eee's. might have it mixed up though as far as cocked vs non cocked shutter causing which one but the results are the same.
only thing I have noticed is when cocking teh shutter the tab on the camera to the side of the mirror moves and then goes back after a frame was taken.
any help here guys?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
If I'm understanding right there is no problem. This is the natural behavior of this camera. The dof preview only works with cocked shutter. You have to release the aperture ring from the "A"
position and setting it to desired value. Then you press the stopdown lever to check the dof and put again the aperture on "A". At this point the camera must be resetted by operating the multiple exposure lever (located at six o'clock from the "on/off/selftimer" lever) and cocking the shutter again by turning the wind lever.
Marty.