Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax 137MA resealed, test shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Contax 137MA resealed, test shots Reply with quote

Took these today using the Yashica ML 2.8/135 lens and Krogers 400
(rebadged Ferrania) film. I replaced all seals, mirror foam, and hinge
pads yesterday:

the guitar lesson

ashley

I think where this film shines is in the sunny outdoors, colors really pop
then. Today we have high winds, rain, and tornado warnings. Rolling Eyes
Shots were at f2.8 or f4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashley have really beautiful face expression, but i think better will be another crop (not in the middle of eye) and maybe not vertical, but horizontal composition of scene, where she will be at one edge (left/right, both are possible, depends on what you want to say with picture).

and ... nice film grain, your photos are exactly why i still stay with 35mm and don't switch do DSLR.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Bob, I told her to act naturally and not to look at the camera. Did
I mention this was a manual focus lens? Laughing Yes, she was moving a little
too fast for me to lock focus or get her framed the way I wanted:

to further illustrate my point... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i understand, i know those for mf lenses difficult situations myself. well, you can at least congratulate to yourself for such a photogenic girl. maybe try another time fuji superia 1600, it has really nice grain (some shots with Mir 20mm/F3.5: http://majezek.czweb.org/new_design_thumbnails.php?albumId=42)and it's very fast (i don't know any faster color film in czechia)