Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Massa Infrared filter - Panasonic G1 - Konica 24mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Massa Infrared filter - Panasonic G1 - Konica 24mm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "classic" IR processing would yield that (if you allow me Attila - I remove it immediately if you don't like it!!) by doing a Blue-Red channel swap and a bit gamma correction. The magenta trees are quite unusual, but that must be that special filter I guess....

which reveals that this filter passes quite some red also, which allows to see various colors.

[my posting #4.000!]

Last edited by kds315* on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Klaus! I love to learn, I like your version better! Congrats for your #4000 posts!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks + Most welcome Attila. Also the orange/red version has its charm, some people enhance contrast and gamma, to give it that "burning sky" look.

Last edited by kds315* on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Thanks + Most welcome Attila. Also the orange/red version has its charm, some people enhance contrast and gamma, to give it that "burning sky" look.

Another useful advice, thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just noticed that the lens may not be too sharp for IR, or it has a bit focus shift if used for IR. Does it have an IR mark? I have resharpened the result a bit, I think it even looks better now...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
I have just noticed that the lens may not be too sharp for IR, or it has a bit focus shift if used for IR. Does it have an IR mark? I have resharpened the result a bit, I think it even looks better now...

Don't know, lens is Konica Hexanon 24mm, re-sharpening need as well on all IR images what I made.