Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Semana Santa Sevilla I - Planar 85 1.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Semana Santa Sevilla I - Planar 85 1.2 Reply with quote

Some first shots from the Semana Santa in Sevilla last week.
I was lucky to get into one of the easter processions near the cathedral just 30 minutes after my arrival in the evening, the fraternity La Exaltación.

Shots most of the the time wide open and something near f2.8 - I was too nervous and excited Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see a legend in action! Many thanks to sharing!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb series! thank for sharing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really fascinating, I cannot stop to watch them.

What beauty! thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Semana Santa Sevilla I - Planar 85 1.2 Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:
Some first shots from the Semana Santa in Sevilla last week.
I was lucky to get into one of the easter processions near the cathedral just 30 minutes after my arrival in the evening, the fraternity La Exaltación.

Shots most of the the time wide open and something near f2.8 - I was too nervous and excited Smile

This one Wow!
Very dramatic Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks friends! It was indeed fascinating, I enjoyed every minute, not only just taking the pictures. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice shots!.
Really excellent focusing, have you got a chipped adapter or a split focusing screen?.

BTW, even being a spaniard, I've never had the opportunity of visiting that well known event... Your pictures draw a very interesting photographic scenario, I should plan a visit sometime in the near future.

Thanks for sharing!

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very very nice lens and shots!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jes, thank you.
Yes, chipped adapter, but the focus confirmation is not the best, will try another brand soon, no split focus screen for my 5D Crying or Very sad

And yes, you have to see this, it's really impressing and I will never forget this weekend. I was on the streets from 10am until 5am in the morning, from thursday until saturday, watching some of the processions, eating tapas, talking to nice people, visiting the enchanting city.

Perhaps next year? I'll be there - hopefully Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking us along - very cool series

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:
Hi Jes, thank you.
Yes, chipped adapter, but the focus confirmation is not the best, will try another brand soon, no split focus screen for my 5D Crying or Very sad

And yes, you have to see this, it's really impressing and I will never forget this weekend. I was on the streets from 10am until 5am in the morning, from thursday until saturday, watching some of the processions, eating tapas, talking to nice people, visiting the enchanting city.

Perhaps next year? I'll be there - hopefully Smile

Maybe I'll be too, who knows? Wink

Regarding the split image focusing screen for the 5D you have some options:

http://www.focusingscreen.com/index.php?cPath=21_38

Or looking into eBay for the cheap ones, like Click here to see on Ebay

I've just ordered one for my 10D from the above source.

Kind regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb series, thankyou! I can't pick a winner, but the last picture, of the man struggling to read the tiny printed music, made me smile - I struggle too! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series and an obviously great lens!
Congrats Sandy!!