Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fed 4 advice please
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Fed 4 advice please Reply with quote

Back in the 80s I had a Fed 4L. It was big and bulky but I loved it so much.

Last night I won another on Fleabay for 18 quid Cool which I thought was worth it for a good one.

So my question is: does the rangefinder work ok with all the other L39 lenses available? I'll be looking for a wide angle pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Fed 4 advice please Reply with quote

Lottery. Can will work normally, and can objective adjustment to the camera is required.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Fed 4 advice please Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Back in the 80s I had a Fed 4L. It was big and bulky but I loved it so much.

Last night I won another on Fleabay for 18 quid Cool which I thought was worth it for a good one.

So my question is: does the rangefinder work ok with all the other L39 lenses available? I'll be looking for a wide angle pretty quickly.

Graham - if the camera was put together properly (or been has been adjusted correctly) the rf will work ok with any L39 lens you put on it, so long as that lens was put together properly etc etc etc ... . I had a Jupiter 35/2.8 (Biogon type) once that was wonderfully sharp but just didn't couple to the rf on either my Zorki or Leica. The closer you got, the further it was out - even though the rangefinder images lined up at infinity. They were so cheap back then that I never even tried to get it fixed.

Best answer to coupling worries on Feds and Zorkis is to get a 25mm Snapshot Skopar - ! "Nae wherries there" as they say in Glasgow. And it's a super little lens - I wouldn't part with mine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good and useful information, many thanks Very Happy

Crikey, that Skopar looks a bit nice. Hmm, maybe one day Confused