Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bessa III with 80mm f3.5 heliar lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Bessa III with 80mm f3.5 heliar lens Reply with quote

We don't seem to have had anything about the Bessa III which is due to come on the market next month for 2,000 euros. Apparently it is being eagerly awaited by Japanese enthusiasts and Fuji plans to make 5,000 of the cameras.

Specs here: http://www.voigtlaender.de/cms/voigtlaender/voigtlaender_cms.nsf/id/pa_fdih7jzkae.html

It seems to be a bit of a hybrid, semi-electronic ... but I don't understand from the specs whether the rangefinder is coupled or not. It ought to be, but I don't think it is. It seems odd to have electronic metering but I suppose most people wouldn't know what to do with a camera that lacked a meter.

I wonder if it will make all the old folders terribly trendy by the end of the year.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't that look a beauty Very Happy

Yep, this all means Fleabay sellers will find a way to get five hundred quid for grandads old folder that's been rotting in the shed for forty years Confused

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2000 EUR a bit awful lot in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure of this expression translates, but at 2000 Euro I think they are taking the piss Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to think I spent 2,000 euros on a 5D MkII when I could have saved the money for this ...

Maybe the low volume and the fact that they will need completely new tools (unless they still have the ones used to make grandad's old folder) accounts for the rather high price ... though, actually, it is almost exactly the same in real terms as the cost of a high-end folder back in the 50s, when they were 45 to 55 quid.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
And to think I spent 2,000 euros on a 5D MkII when I could have saved the money for this ...

Maybe the low volume and the fact that they will need completely new tools (unless they still have the ones used to make grandad's old folder) accounts for the rather high price ... though, actually, it is almost exactly the same in real terms as the cost of a high-end folder back in the 50s, when they were 45 to 55 quid.

Yes, right. Anyway need to feed rich people too Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look beautiful.
The price for admission Shocked Evil or Very Mad

As far as RF coupling.
It must be. Mr K would not go thrugh the trouble to introduce this little beast without it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone said that the price from Fuji in Japan was a significantly less than the price quoted by Voigtlander but I don't know what the difference is or if Fuji is marketing it there under a different name.

It's strange that the Japs are apparently queuing up to get this when they could get a much cheaper rangefinder from Certo, if that's what they want.