Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

This week I have mainly.... been using a Konica TC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: This week I have mainly.... been using a Konica TC Reply with quote

Revived from my box of bodies this week was a Konica Autoreflex TC. Although this appeared as long ago as 1976, this one perhaps about 1980, it looks pretty good for it's age. The Plastic Cosina like body gives it a feel of something much more modern.
The difference between this and the PLC2 that I revived a couple of weeks ago is striking. Both available around the same time but one with a foot in the past and the other looking to the future.
Well this example - I think I bought it to get the 40/1.8 hexanon - was in good working order but just needed the seals doing and some new leatherette.
I was going to take it out with the 50/1.7 but changed my mind and used a Tamron 35-70 in the end.

And a couple of snaps...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same Konica Autoreflex TC but with Konica Hexanon AR 40mm/1.8.
The viewfinder is very dirty and dark and I am wondering whether I can get any guideline on how to clean the inner part of the viewfinder.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Konica shooter, great! Smile I have two T4's (both meters are shot, but
can use handheld or Sunny 16) and won't part with either. Looks exactly like
the TC although I think there's a little more metal in the body, if not mistaken:

Great first shots, hope to see more!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomzcafe wrote:
I have the same Konica Autoreflex TC but with Konica Hexanon AR 40mm/1.8.
The viewfinder is very dirty and dark and I am wondering whether I can get any guideline on how to clean the inner part of the viewfinder.

The TC doesn't have the brightest viewfinder and is a bit dark anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice indeed!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Another Konica shooter, great! Smile I have two T4's (both meters are shot, but
can use handheld or Sunny 16) and won't part with either. Looks exactly like
the TC although I think there's a little more metal in the body, if not mistaken:

Great first shots, hope to see more!

They do look like TCs! Apparently they're the grown up version - all metal inside and a brass base. And a brighter viewfinder.

I thought the TC viewfinder was OK if not great - better than some of the milk bottles I play with anyway. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T4's go for cheap over here, ususally have either the 1.8/40 or 1.7/50
lens included. I picked up both of mine off the bay in the vicinity of $25
each. I paid $85 for the UC Hexanon zoom, but it is a wonderful performer,
recommended if you can find one.