Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax KA mount Adaptall 2 adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Pentax KA mount Adaptall 2 adapter Reply with quote

I picked up a brand new Tamron Adaptall 2 adapter for Pentax KA mount. This adapter allows you to use all the available Tamron AdaptAll 2 lenses on your Pentax SLR and DSLR cameras.

The adapter contains several moving parts which leads me to believe that it will also support translation of aperture control from KA to Adaptall.

So you will be able to meter and focus at full aperture.

This is also a genuine new Tamron part.

I don't have a picture handy right now. I'll take and post a pic up shortly.

This site has a listing of almost all the known Tamron Adaptall 2 lenses along with very useful performance and history information:

http://www.adaptall-2.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Tamron KA mount Reply with quote

Hi there, HopeSpringsEternal -

Yes, you should indeed get full compatability, although I'd suggest trusting your own eye rather than the focus-confirm light, especially with relatively small lens apertures. I use mine with no problems with my 90mm and 135mm lenses. Except that the contacts on the lens mount and thecamera body don't quite line up correctly and I have to rotate the lens back slightly from its locked-home position. A small nuisance.

Have fun with it - !

Stephen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got two such, and they are a hoot - I still get a kick out of adaptall (and T4/TX) lenses, stick em on anything with the right adapter and they work!

I haven't had any problems with my adapters - the fiddly bit is lining up the tabs to the slots... and remembering which is the "A" setting interlock tab and which is the "release lens from mount" one Laughing

Yes, the K-A adaptall makes the lens act just like a Pentax SMC-A lens - though it won't transmit focal length to the camera of course.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Hard to find these anymore Reply with quote

Do you have any idea how much this is worth? I shoot Minolta/Sony but there is no automated Adaptall2 adapter that I know of and some mount versions are more expensive on Ebay than any lenses one would put on it.

Nesster wrote:
I've got two such, and they are a hoot - I still get a kick out of adaptall (and T4/TX) lenses, stick em on anything with the right adapter and they work!

I haven't had any problems with my adapters - the fiddly bit is lining up the tabs to the slots... and remembering which is the "A" setting interlock tab and which is the "release lens from mount" one Laughing

Yes, the K-A adaptall makes the lens act just like a Pentax SMC-A lens - though it won't transmit focal length to the camera of course.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now there are 3 BIN K-A Adaptalls on ebay for $79. However, these have tended to go anywhere from $80 to over $100 in the past - in bid history right now the range is $85-$102.50.

With some careful and lucky shopping these can be had for less Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am blessed with Adaptall mounts. I have 3 PKA and 3 PK that stay in use. I also have and FD adapter and an authentic EOS-M. Ironically, I don't have either Tamron M42. I agree with Nesster, they are a hoot.