Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3200 ISO Canon 40D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: 3200 ISO Canon 40D Reply with quote

Computer monitor was main light. Jupiter 9

This is my son. He is a direct copy of me which has it's interesting moments. At least I know what to expect when he reaches the teenage years Shocked

I think that the noise level may be a little high for color work. For black & white I think it adds a fast film look to the image that I really like.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wonderful!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 3200 ISO Canon 40D Reply with quote

shad309 wrote:
What do you think?

I think that it works. Nice shot.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say -- yes! nothing else..

It's good as is .. this picture doesn't have to be judged --

In my view -- it's perfect..

tf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb capture! Isn't Jupiter 9 is a great lens ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find myself falling in love with this lens. It was the same when I got my Helios 44-2. I will be using this one almost exlusively for a little bit... at least until another package comes in the mail Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shad309 wrote:
I find myself falling in love with this lens. It was the same when I got my Helios 44-2. I will be using this one almost exlusively for a little bit... at least until another package comes in the mail Very Happy

Like me .. Laughing Laughing Try one times old ones silver one for SLR too. That is my real favourite I prefer over black one even if black one a great lens really.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just right, Shad.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!
The best thing of this photo for me is - something others have not mentioned - that is, the fact that the face and eye is in perfect focus and the hand is somehow blurred - which was not as easy as it seems because the hand is very close to the face.
The difference in focus is small, but the impact is decisive, because this way the hand does not distract the attention which falls entirely on the tv-hypnotized gaze.
Framing also is most effective.
Really a great photo, congratulations.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great photo. You can feel the intensity - is he playing a computer game, or making a last-minute bid for a bargain lens in the fleabay?

I like how the lines of the wrist and knuckles leads to the main focus point - the eye.

Personally, I probably would have cropped it just a little from the left side.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the kind comments! This photo will soon be on display in my home.

Gurdie,
He was watching his favorite music videos on youtube during this one. But he really enjoys looking at the photos on mflenses.com Very Happy It's one of his favorite websites too!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shot! And the ISO noise does not disturb at all in B&W!