Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 61 L/Z Zen 2.8/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:09 am    Post subject: Industar 61 L/Z Zen 2.8/50 Reply with quote

In this moment of acute global pain provoked by the Russian government (no politics, just a gut feeling), a friend of mine invited me to go out for a Buddhist temple. I took with me Industar 61 L/Z 2.8/50 and used this well known macro lens to catch some illuminated distant glow.

All shots are wide open, SOOC jpeg (just resized) taken with Sony Nex and a focal reducer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

On this occasion I looked for my Industar 61 L/Z and tested it first time on my A7R2.
I have one of the last ones; i.e. year of manufacture 1993 already with the new logo.
Image quality is surprisingly good, even on FF/42MP.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agreed! I did not expect such a fine rendering from a Tessar-type lens. It is for certain milder than the GDR Tessar versions, including the bokeh. In the same time it offers a very good sharpness. Lets me think pretty much of Vega-11U enlarger lens.

Here is another couple of Industar-61L/Z shots, in near field. The first one is colour corrected, the second is a SOOC jpeg.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, one from me as well....

Industar-61 L/Z via Leica-M close focusing adapter on Sony A7R2 @ F2.8, ISO 100, 9 shots manually focused, indirect flash Sony HVL-F58AM, assembled in Helicon Focus 7, downsized in Lightroom.
Clickable for best quality viewing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice plant and flowers texture, well done!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a very nice lens and good photos.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a fair collection of Russian gear, but I cannot bring myself to use any of it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not? They made a lot of superb lenses. I'm currently quite smitten with a Helios-94 1.7/50

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It reminds me of what's going on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice lens and compact for smaller bodies,
it fits e-x* range prefectly,
it's portable so no need for a bag - straith into a jacket pocket.

with a small tweak, close focus possible to ~ 30cm.

shooting color, it has kind of a cooler neutral analog feel, sharpnes and creamy OOF, best for not too contrasty light,
shootng BW .. well thats the strongest point of this lens
love it, like all russian lenses