Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC ROKKOR-PF 58mm 1:14 Help please !!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: MC ROKKOR-PF 58mm 1:14 Help please !! Reply with quote

Got one this morning, optics and iris spotless and cosmetically very good
the focusing helicoil was stuck solid so i dismantle'd the lens till i had the inner and outer helicoil seperated from the rest

the two parts , a brass outer and aluminium inner was frozen solid due to galvanic corrosion between the different type metals

soaked in boiling water for 20 min to dissolve the aluminium salt,then made a groove in the outer , clamped in vice and gently tapped the two parts apart by rotating the outer part with a hammer and piece of flat metal

all cleaned up and lubed ready to put back, and now BIG PROBLEM
I have been trying for close to 2 hours but i just cant get the 2 sets of thread in the helical to enter and mate
and i am very close to throwing the piece of metal over the fence Evil or Very Mad

Am i just stupid and unhandy , or is there a special way Embarassed
Please help !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind guys !

1 more hour and it's done ! Very Happy