Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

changing lenses with a loaded camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: changing lenses with a loaded camera Reply with quote

Probably stupid question, but do you lose a frame or two when changing
lenses as that part of the roll may be exposed?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think shutter is closed , so you don't need to worry at all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Attila, I was hoping it was something like that. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel bad about asking a simple question. I once had to ask if taking the viewfinder off of my Nikon F3HP with film in the camera would fog the film. (It wont, but taking the MD-4 motordrive off the F3HP camera with film in the camera will fog the film.).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides, on cameras with interchangeable leaf shutter lenses (quite common in medium format, e.g. Mamiya Press/RB/RZ, Graflex XL, Fuji 690 BL, Hasselblad 500C) you indeed have to put in the dark slide (or drop the mirror) to change lenses.

Sevo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, fellas, as I remember the Kowa Six was that way although to
remove the lens required the mirror to be down, nice safeguard.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing lens with this camera will definitely loss a frame or two. The shutter is between the lens and there is no dark slide to cover up the opening while changing the lens.

Fortunately, there is only 4 frames per roll and you have to shoot them all before changing lenses. Alternatively, you have to bring along a changing bag for changing lenses.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an amazing cam!