Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rainbow Lorikeets with the Telear N 3.5/200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Rainbow Lorikeets with the Telear N 3.5/200 Reply with quote

There was some sun today, but also alot of cloud, and when I arrived at the "Parrot House" in mid-afternoon the light was quite dim. So the Telear 3.5/200 was nearly wide open (f/4) and I had to use ISO 400 (not great on the D60). The use of flash limited the shutter to 1/200 s - too slow for this lens. So - far from ideal conditions. I might have gone home but I was looking for the "baby".

Adult Rainbow Lorikeet (Trichoglossus haematodus)

Young birds

Adults

Adults

Also present - Turquoisine Parakeet (Neophema pulchella)

There are 3-4 adult birds and at least two youngsters. Yesterday the adults "buzzed" me a couple of times - literally ruffling my hair. Today they were more relaxed and were happy to pose - the young birds were well hidden for most of the time and it was difficult to get a good shot. Tomorrow maybe.

Last edited by sichko on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are super cute! Nice captures! Thank you!