Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FS/T: Kilfitt 40/2.8 makro Kilar M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: FS/T: Kilfitt 40/2.8 makro Kilar M42 Reply with quote

Price: 275USD obo, or trade for Sigma 24/1.8 for Minolta/Sony.

I bought this lens recently to provide a close focus, wider angle perspective but find I'd rather have more width and speed for my applications. I'd wanted to give it a complete CLA, but when I was unable to determine how to take it apart, I decided not to bother. It was discovered upon reassembling that three small screws used to hold the M42 mount to the back of the lens had been 'cleaned up' by the cleaners at work overnight (wrapped in tape, attached to my monitor one day, gone the next.).

So, although I feel I got a good deal for this lens originally, I'd be happy to pass the deal along to hopefully someone with access to small screws...

Fwiw, it looks like other mounts would easily have been fit to this lens by the same method.

Some pictures and decriptions -

Elements are clear, no fungus. Little dust and very faint cleaning marks, generally very good.
EDIT - no cleaning marks, they wiped off with a good cleaning.

10 blade aperture works perfect, smooth.

Physical condition is very good, focus smooth.

Lens at infinity, resting on an extention tube. This lens appears to have been used by a smoker, note yellowing.

Lens at 1:1 macro position. Also note rubber cracks in between ribs.

Rear of lens, showing M42 ring. Got screws?

Thank-you,

Kelly.

Last edited by thePiRaTE!! on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish you best of luck! This is one sharp lens, having a unique double helicoid for easy focusing. I have them both 40+90mm.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on this lens, you can put a filter?

size? 52mm?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iridium wrote:
on this lens, you can put a filter?

size? 52mm?

It appears to me there are no threads or contingencies for filter attachment. I vaguely recall a discussion on this somewhere previously and the poster had decribed using a slip-on filter. I think... I'll try and find that.

K.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if i see correctly but it seems that the filter holder is right on the lens. it'll accept 28mm filters.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to mention that I will consider a reasonable $ offer. I'm not trying to make money on it, just pass it along to someone more patient.

BTW, thanks Klaus Smile

Regards,

Kelly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any takers at $195? I'll be honeymooning in a few weeks, anyone want to earn me a few brownie points before then? hehe

K.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have brought a silver version 2 months ago from Ebay. Great lens.