Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

75mm M42 tessar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: 75mm M42 tessar Reply with quote

Somebody must have loved this lens to go to all the trouble of remounting it. I guess it's a good 'un but the price is a bit silly.Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know your lathe well enough it is just a few minutes work. If you must order the part somewhere then it is just strange .. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is fun to play around with these old lenses, but you can have this much easier: buy an old, if possible broken (=cheap) folder cam, remove the lens and fix this lens to some bellows. That's it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a very cool thing to remount it though. This on comes with the old Zeiss helical mount they were advertising in the 1920's-30's I believe intended to be used on the first SLR cameras like the Miroflex or compact cameras of the Ermanox type.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The owner would sell it for $140 or maybe less. Anyway, $140 was the lowest price he offered to me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, $140 seems fair if this lens is your thing.
The re-mount looks well done. Maybe could be a bit more elegant.
I see the black baffle paper on the inside is loose..........an easy fix.

There is a P6 80mm tessar if I remember correctly.
Another option in this FL for a tessar.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Honestly, $140 seems fair if this lens is your thing.
The re-mount looks well done. Maybe could be a bit more elegant.
I see the black baffle paper on the inside is loose..........an easy fix.

There is a P6 80mm tessar if I remember correctly.
Another option in this FL for a tessar.

Yes , there is in many variants one of them P6. Nothing special lens compare with more common Biometar 80.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take it only under $120. But the seller wasn't happy with my offer Confused

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
It is fun to play around with these old lenses, but you can have this much easier: buy an old, if possible broken (=cheap) folder cam, remove the lens and fix this lens to some bellows. That's it.

In this case I think this is best idea. I don't think so this lens produce better quality than any cheap Tessar.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've rather fallen for my battered f2.8 80mm Tessar after getting over my initial doubts. Shot this with it on the 5DMkII today (using an extension tube):

F2.8 is better than f4 and the P6 Tessar should be available for less than they are asking for this - though I did see it go for a couple of hundred dollars a fortnight ago or so.