Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First steps in Photostacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: First steps in Photostacking Reply with quote

This is a home spider with long lengs, less hair. I was stubborn to shoot it with a a reversed CZJ 2.8/20 (PB) on bellows. As my 4-way focusing rail hasn't arrived yet managing the smal shift in DOFs was a painfull job. I made a boom stick (umbrella attached light stand) and mounted my LED head lamp on it to give the illumination power. Main light power come from the 2 Sunpaks (422 and 433) triggered wirelessly via Cactus V2s stystem. I'm a bit ashamed of myself as the spider is dead by freezing Embarassed I left it at fridge for 15mins but in just 1 mins it was back in motion so in the second phase I left it for 35mins but I guess this was too much. As you can guess the drops are from the melting.

This photostacking is my first result from a 5 photo set but I need to practice more. The result was not clean so used PS a lot to clean it. Here is the final result:

Macro ring includes:
# Reversed Carl Zeiss Jena 2.8/20@f:8
# 67mm reverse macro EOS adapter
# Macro bellows
# Canon EOS 5D @M,1/160,ISO100
# Sunpak 422D@1/8
# Sunpak 433D@1/8
# Cactus V2s RF trigger-receiver set
# Shutter release RF remote controller

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yalçın

What a set-up. Your patience has paid off with a stunning macro. And clearly a wonderful lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing result! A real monster Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your photo is worthy of prominent display by National Geographic. Truly exceptional!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, great results! I have to try photostacking but I have not the patience to make the setup