Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 4/300 MC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 4/300 MC Reply with quote

Rare opportunity to get it in UK.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the mount Pentacon 6 or am I guessing wrong Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it has P6 mount , but many times selling together with M42 P6 converter or you able to buy separately.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Yes it has P6 mount , but many times selling together with M42 P6 converter or you able to buy separately.

Or you can buy from me an AFC chipped P6-EOS adapter Laughing
This lens is huge and heavy, I would prefer the Prakticar version (I'm sad that I've lost one for 90Euro with my slow last min bid:() but will watch the price of this one just for curiosity.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yalcinaydin wrote:
Or you can buy from me an AFC chipped P6-EOS adapter Laughing

If it is reprogrammable Very Happy Otherwise I will buy an adapter and an AFC chip seperately, then bring together. After my little experience I learned, DO IT YOURSELF! Laughing

By the way, I am curious about the price of the lens as well..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it that this lens originally had a tripod mont. Looks as though this one doesn't.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it is the reason of pricing it GBP50 instead of GBP250 as the seller wrote Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tripod mount is present as you can see it at the bottom of the second picture. It's very small on both the 4/300 and the 2.8/180 and is also 3/8" thread. Watch the focus too as both these lenses focus beyond infinity and are designed to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did have a stab and was winning until the last few seconds. I have a limit when it comes to manual lenses though.

It was quite a bargain looking at others, but also a bit of a gamble with the vague listing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It went dirt cheap , superb fast 300mm lens...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, that went cheap!! Cheaper than the Pentacon 300/4 I won the other day!! Unfortunately, shipping to the US would've probably cost another 60£ Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Dang, that went cheap!! Cheaper than the Pentacon 300/4 I won the other day!! Unfortunately, shipping to the US would've probably cost another 60£ Laughing

It is within 2kg range , shipping cost maximum 25 GBP.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
rawhead wrote:

It is within 2kg range , shipping cost maximum 25 GBP.

Well double-damn then!! I would've definitely preferred a Sonnar over a Pentacon! Ah, well, I'll just tell myself that the seller would've been one of those types that doesn't ship overseas, for some irrational reason Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes UK only LOL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allessandro has eagle eyes he found trouble .. aperture blades are not in right place this lens has NO Working aperture.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone's in for a nasty surprise then... Rolling Eyes

I never looked at the full size pix, just the thumbs to see if the mount was there in answer to Martin's question.