Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Black Industar 50 (Not 50-2?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Black Industar 50 (Not 50-2?) Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

I just thought this was interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a black Industar 50. It is always 50-2. Maybe I'm just misremembering (or going crazy - probably the more likely). Since it's on a zenit 3m (maybe 3) it must be m39.

~Marc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, just great. Thanks a lot.

I just ordered a silver Industar 50 and a black Industar 50-2 from GrizzlyBear and thought "Great, that completes my Industar 50 collection".

And now you show me this??????

Aieeeee. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always happy to make things more complicated. Laughing Hell, I would have thought that was the complete set too, at least for SLRs.

I'd be interested in seeing how you like the 50 compared to the 50-2. I know some in this forum prefer the former, though a side-by-side comparison hasn't come up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
"Great, that completes my Industar 50 collection".

And now you show me this??????

Aieeeee. Laughing

They are not that uncommon. There's a very long thread on this lens somewhere on the forum. If you are desparate to complete your collection
this one is available.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
If you are desparate to complete your collection
this one is available.

Thanks for the offer!! I was actually half joking about the collection. The two I'm waiting for, after all, will be my first Industars... you know, after all the raves I've been hearing about them here... My intention was to see which I liked better (and seeing if the M39 version actually gives me Inf) and selling off the other one.

However, if I do like them a lot, I'll probably keep both (it won't be hard to do so, they're so cheap) and will likely take you up on your offer, should you still have it available. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also a black Industar 50 with m42 screw. I bought it for 5 euros.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just curious why some people seem to have loads of lenses of the same focal length. Do you guys use them all? I think once I found one or two favourites the rest would languish unused.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cledry wrote:
I am just curious why some people seem to have loads of lenses of the same focal length. Do you guys use them all? I think once I found one or two favourites the rest would languish unused.

Well, I use different lenses of the same focal lenght in different situations.
For example, I use the Industar 50/3.5 for macro, and the Zuiko 50/1.8 for other pictures.
Other example, I have a Nikkor 20/3.5 and use it for nature photos, and the Arsat 20/2.8 for city photos, because it seems to me that the Nikkor performs well in landascapes and the Arsat when shooting buildings, roads and people.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cledry wrote:

Because some of us are crazy? Very Happy

What's fun for me now is to see the different characteristics between the different lense, and the easiest way to compare between different optics is when you have the same/similar focal lengths. And 50~58mm primes are the most abundant, and consequently the cheapest focal lengths to get all crazy. I couldn't do something similar with, e.g., 80-90mm, I'd go broke after my first lens (Planar) Laughing