Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panc 55/1.4: 3 shots from Prague
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Panc 55/1.4: 3 shots from Prague Reply with quote

Taken with my aus Jena Pancolar 55/1.4 (top surface of the coating is rubbed off in a few places - the layer reflects blue instead of yellow in those places, but contrast is not affected).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never went to Prague, but this place has a magic name for me. And your pics tell me why.

Beauty, history, all in few pics.

About the lens, it seems to have a bit warmer tone, wanderfull!!

Thanks. Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... in fact the lens is quite yellow. It's thoriated and my 11W UV lamp is probably not powerful enough to remove the yellow tint completely.

All 3 shots were taken from the same bridge (Palackeho bridge).

On the first picture (down the Vltava river, right) there is National Theatre, water-tover Sitkovska and Jiraskuv bridge.

The second picture (up the Vltava river, left) shows Vysehrad, the mythical seat of the Premyslian princedom and seat of princess Libuse - pythoness and founder of Praque. The greatest building is church of St. Peter and Paul, which was estabilished almost 1000 years ago (and rebuilt later).

On the last picture (down the Vltava river, left) there is water-tower Petrzilkovska, Jiraskuv bridge (again) and Prague Castle, seat of our... specific president.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charming places!

Rino

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prague is awesome! On of my future target to visit, this pictures looks like a paint I like them !

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
Yes... in fact the lens is quite yellow. It's thoriated and my 11W UV lamp is probably not powerful enough to remove the yellow tint completely.

No matter to you. This magnific lens always was yellow, even though it was new.

I saw olds pics of the lens, taken in the 70's, and the lens was yellow (reflections as the super takumar 1,4/50, yellow/brown).

The pics, yes, with a bit warmer colors, but excelents, in sharpness and contrast and in colors too.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm all copies are yellow what I seen.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful city, lovely scenes and the lens looks like a winner despite the colour problems. Those colour differences can often be corrected through the WB on digital, using RAW.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about post-prod your pics with warmer colors of your excelent pancolar, and I like this tonality very much.

I prefer a warms whites and not the lost of this warmer tones if the pp makes that I lost them to correct the whites.

Your "warm" pancolar is superb.

Regards, Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plague is a beautiful and photogenic city!

I envy your Pancolar 55/1.4 more than you were there. Laughing

From Tokyo today.