Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Photographer Bear & Bokeh
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Photographer Bear & Bokeh Reply with quote

My missus found this little toy recently and thought it'd be a sweet gift for me - she was right, I love the little guy Embarassed

I was messing around with the Tomioka 1.2/55 today and the bear walked into the room...not really Laughing

@ f/5.6

@ f/1.2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, razor thin is right! Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive Smile If I'm not mistaken, this is the only multi-coated M42 f/1.2 lens. Isn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bokeh!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
Impressive Smile If I'm not mistaken, this is the only multi-coated M42 f/1.2 lens. Isn't it?

Hi J,

I must admit to knowing very little about this lens right now - it's going to my repairman for some maintenance this week (focusing ring is a little 'clunky'), and I intend to do some research on it when it's away!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I wonder if it's related to the Yashinon 55mm/1.2 (since Tomioka made Yashinon lenses)...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prometheus wrote:
Very nice. I wonder if it's related to the Yashinon 55mm/1.2 (since Tomioka made Yashinon lenses)...

There's been some speculation about what exactly is Tomioka, and what isn't, but it's one of those things that I haven't dug into yet. I got started with the Auto-Chinon Tomioka (badged on barrel) 1.4/55 which I picked up really cheap from New Zealand - I then picked up a 'standard' 1.4/55 which looks remarkably similar but doesn't have the Tomioka name anywhere. However, and most importantly, the results from both are very similar under uncontrolled conditions!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith G wrote:
The colour rendition in those pix is very 'Zeiss' to my eyes! Smile

Ssshhhhhhhhh!!! That was supposed to be a secret - now the value will skyrocket dramatically and everyone will want one Laughing Laughing

Seriously though, I must put the Tomis side by side with the 1.4/50 Planars and take some test shots for comparison purposes - should be an interesting experiment.