Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 T4 lens visits the duck pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: The Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 T4 lens visits the duck pond Reply with quote

At a cost of $4.99 and shipping at $10.00 this less than $15 dollar lens is a good performer. I added the Sigma EX DG APO 1.4X TC and took off for the Town Duck Pond. This is a T4 lens but my TX screw mount lens mount adapter fits and works quiet well. Very sharp at wide open aperture and very smooth bokeh. I'll do more shots and post them later along with a shot of the lens itself. Comments are welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pics!

I fit a TX adapter too on my T4 200/3.5 but could only get f/4 max. Not a great loss.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use a screwmount adapter, either a T4 or a TX then you have full use of the whole aperture range. Manual settings, focus and manual stepdow but this way f/3.5 is there. I too use a TX P/K mount sometimes and plan on modifying the inside plate of my T4's to allow full aperture range.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice combo!!

I'm looking for those beauties.

More pics, it's pleasure. (and one or more of the lens, please).

R I N O

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do that as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
I'll do that as soon as possible.

Thanks, Big Dauwg

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice captures with a great lens! This lens shocked me when I did try out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first shot! Really pops out!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Thanks Attila. I have had several other photographers recommend it to me. they were right. Do you know if the TX version is any better or just similar?

Last edited by Big Dawg on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

horvlas wrote:
I like the first shot! Really pops out!

Thank you horvias. I am posting more in one minute. Photos of the lens first and then more photos taken with it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one, Dawg!

I was not sure about the sharpness of the lens when viewing your recent shots of the cardinal and other birds. It seemed sort of soft.

But these image re-instill the true potential of the lens! NICE work, and a NICE price for this very good lens.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Attila wrote:

Thanks Attila. I have had several other photographers recommend it to me. they were right. Do you know if the TX version is any better or just similar?

This comes with fixed mount
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/vivitar/vivitar_200mm/

This is TX
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/vivitar/vivitar_200mm_f3_5_tx/

From above too TX is better, I think same than yours.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
Good one, Dawg!

I was not sure about the sharpness of the lens when viewing your recent shots of the cardinal and other birds. It seemed sort of soft.

But these image re-instill the true potential of the lens! NICE work, and a NICE price for this very good lens.

Thanks Laurence. The cardinal shots were from 35-40 feet distance. The duck is from around 20-25 feet. Distance does count. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
Attila wrote:

This comes with fixed mount
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/vivitar/vivitar_200mm/

This is TX
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/vivitar/vivitar_200mm_f3_5_tx/

From above too TX is better, I think same than yours.

I thought the T4-TX lens might be a little better from what others have told me. I plan on getting the fixed mount later and compare for myself.