Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 Photos of the Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 Photos of the Lens Reply with quote

Not a heavy or long lens at all. I shot comparisons of the Vivitar 55-135mm T4 lens so you can see how they stack up in size.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you have the smaller, later version of the Tokina T4 200mm.

The earlier version was much larger and had a tripod mount. I think the earlier version may be more common.

I have these in the Soligor brand.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Yes, you have the smaller, later version of the Tokina T4 200mm.

The earlier version was much larger and had a tripod mount. I think the earlier version may be more common.

I have these in the Soligor brand.

Then you have some very good lens. A tripod mount for this one would not be that useful other than a quick turn to portrait mode. It is fairly short and not really heavy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: gen. 1 and gen. 2 compared Reply with quote

Here are early and late T4 200mm f3.5 in Soligor dress. I posted this some time ago to illustrate how much smaller generation 2 lens is compared to gen. 1.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: gen. 1 and gen. 2 compared Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
Here are early and late T4 200mm f3.5 in Soligor dress. I posted this some time ago to illustrate how much smaller generation 2 lens is compared to gen. 1.

Yes quite a difference there. Any difference in resolution or IQ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have both versions, but Bill has way more experience with them, and he has collected the whole line to boot.

My observation is that the older one may be sharper, but suffers more from purple fringing on highlights.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the central third of the negative shot on Kodak 200 print film. The neg was scanned 1800 x 1200. This crop is about 800 x 950. This is a Walgreens minilab scan. I think this lens turned in a very good performance. Hand held at 1/500 and f8, plus or minus! The actual lens used is the Sears-Roebuck branded, early first version(no pull out lens hood) of the 200 3.5 auto Tokina. I used it on a Sears Auto TLS. I'll poke around for an image from the late Soligor T4.

I don't have a digital SLR yet so pixel peeping comparisons would be an expensive proposition.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sharp indeed. I have a friend on the Pentax forum at Steve's Digicams .com that has been after me for 2 years now to get one of the 200mm f/3.5 lens but in fixed mount. I'm trying to collect most of the TX and T4 lens as I really like the way they perform. So I tried to satisfy him and myself all at once. I do like this one but I can see an earlier version in T4 and a TX and a fixed mount one coming my way. I can also see a DSLR in your future as well LOL Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good image for a 1/3 of the pic.

I don't have a SRL digital. The film is an expensive way too.

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Very good image for a 1/3 of the pic.

I don't have a SRL digital. The film is an expensive way too.

Rino.

I moved from film because Digital is free film and I control the prossesing.