Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What price can I ask for a Nikkor 35mm F1,4 Ai-S?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: What price can I ask for a Nikkor 35mm F1,4 Ai-S? Reply with quote

Hi folks!

At the moment I´m thinking about whether to sell or to keep my 35mm Nikkor F1,4.

It is in a medium used condition with some smaller scratches on the outside and a single small mark on the front lens which doesn´t affect the pictures taken at all.

The funny thing about this lens is, it´s #13 ever produced.
The serial is 430076, and photosynthesis.co.nz says:

Ai-S 35/1.4 f16, 9 blades, DOF on chrome 3+ 430001 430063 - 507318 Dec81 - Dec05 77318

Do you think this lens has any special collector´s value?
And how much can I ask for it anyway? I´m not really sure because prices tend to deviate pretty much for this lens.

Thanks in advance

Benedikt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New one is 600 GBP, highly wanted lens. Never go cheap and pretty rare.
Price can be very vary.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

So between 400 and 425 Pounds should be alright I guess?

By the way, if anyone from the forum is interested, just send me a message.

Greetings
Benedikt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know look in used lens price guide and try it.

On expensive items like this every price is possible.

I have this lens too, still not sold yet even if i use a few times only. I really love it's resolution and color output. If you can afford to keep it I suggest to keep instead of sell.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best in the range - marvelous lens. I will not be selling mine.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You´re right in some way, I especially love the star-like shape of light sources in the night. That´s a specialty of the AiS-Version because it´s got 9 aperture blades instead of 7 (Ai).

It feels like a pity to sell it, but on the other hand, it´s not the right thing for architecture because all the Nikkor 35mm have some geometrical distortion, and as a walkaround lens it´s too heavy.

And these were exactly the two purposes I bought it for... It´s hard but I have come to the conclusion that I need either a Nikkor 45mm F2,8 AiP or a Voigtländer Ultron 40m F2. They do much better for my purposes, and they give me the possibility of automatic exposure on my D50, which I sometimes miss when a scene isn´t static and I don´t have the time I´d like or need...

I have even thought about buying a 50mm F1,4 AF-D, but I don´t like the character of that lens. It´s neutral, sober, a bit dull and it´s got an ugly bokeh. If it only was like my 85mm F1,8 AF, which is really great by the way, but it isn´t.

So I´m unsure what to do, but I know the 35mm F1,4 isn´t the right thing for me. If I had a D700 (or the money for one), I would keep it, but I´m not sure when I will be able to go "FX".

Thanks for your input so far

Benedikt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happen to have two of these sitting in my ebay watch list - just out of interest, you know Rolling Eyes

Click here to see on Ebay
17 bids, sold, 260,50 GBP (292,35 EUR)

Click here to see on Ebay
13 bids, one day left, currently 185,00 GBP (207,62 EUR)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenediktW wrote:
It´s hard but I have come to the conclusion that I need either a Nikkor 45mm F2,8 AiP or a Voigtländer Ultron 40m F2. They do much better for my purposes, and they give me the possibility of automatic exposure on my D50, which I sometimes miss when a scene isn´t static and I don´t have the time I´d like or need...

Of those two, the Voigtländer is very much the better lens according to several people who have tried both.

I bought mine from photo-mundus, who are in Germany. Smooth transaction, no problems. See for example Click here to see on Ebay.de

tempt, tempt ....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!

Is this lens avilable still? And have you decided on a price? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news: The lens is not available anymore, it´s reserved until the payment arrives. Someone from the forum was immediately interested.

Thanks very much for your help and information

Benedikt