Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SMC Takumar 50/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: SMC Takumar 50/1.4 Reply with quote

Hi everybody! I've been lucky enough to find TWO Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm/1.4. One on a spotmatic F body and another in it's original case, with lens & back cap.
I took the "user" grade lens off of the Spotmatic, dropped a pentax K mount adapter that was missing the spring onto it, dremeled a pit for the lens lock, and sanded enough paint at the edge of the mount so the Av mode works on my K200D. Tada! A K-mount preset lens!
A couple quick preview shots shows this as very promising.
Look out for pictures... eventually!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Sanding Paint? Reply with quote

Hi Kaj,

Congrats on your purchase, you seem thrilled!

Can I ask about the purpose of sanding paint? I am looking to acquire the same lens and a genuine adapter for my K200D and while I have read about making a hole for the lens lock, why wouldn't Av mode work without sanding paint?

H.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Sanding Paint? Reply with quote

HairyDrumroll wrote:
Hi Kaj,

Congrats on your purchase, you seem thrilled!

Can I ask about the purpose of sanding paint? I am looking to acquire the same lens and a genuine adapter for my K200D and while I have read about making a hole for the lens lock, why wouldn't Av mode work without sanding paint?

H.

I've found that the Av mode doesn't meter accurately unless the lens info pins are shorted out. I have no idea as to why careful experimentation showed me that.