Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HASSELBLAD/ ZEISS MAKRO-PLANAR 120MM f4.0 CFi T*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: HASSELBLAD/ ZEISS MAKRO-PLANAR 120MM f4.0 CFi T* Reply with quote

Can this be any good on crop body , i am thinking to use it on tube for 1:1 work if i can get it for reasonable price
does the fact that is a medium format lens degrade the quality on crop body
any info or experience? thanks! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you hear this bullshit ? Laughing

It has smell, source was from some smart ass Canon L owner.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy his exact words was "for macro you need a very sharp and high res lens and because mf covers bigger area the lens res on the crop will not be as good as canon 100 macro and it will be even worse because of the extender needed"
Very Happy this person shoots L series ZOOMS only Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulation for brain of him ! Sometimes put his hands a 10 USD Helios 44 and compare difference will not much.
Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Congratulation for brain of him ! Sometimes put his hands a 10 USD Helios 44 and compare difference will not much.
Laughing

Seriously if your browse this forum how people could make excellent macros without dedicated macro lenses...

Surely a good dedicated macro lens will produce better result than any generic lenses . If you need good macro lens , take a look what is available for your budget. Nikkor 55mm f3.5, Olympus OM 55mm f3.5 can be dirt cheap with great IQ.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Attila
The reason why i would like to try it is i might get it for 40 us dollar Smile
and because it is a makro planar i thought it will be better than a generic non makro lens the only disadvantage is that it can not go near to 1:1

Does makro planar then mean that is only a close focussing planar and not a true macro design ? and maybe better result from takumar 50/4 macro for 1:1 work?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty wrote:
Hi Attila
The reason why i would like to try it is i might get it for 40 us dollar Smile
and because it is a makro planar i thought it will be better than a generic non makro lens the only disadvantage is that it can not go near to 1:1

Does makro planar then mean that is only a close focussing planar and not a true macro design ? and maybe better result from takumar 50/4 macro for 1:1 work?

Man don't ask BUY!!! If you can't mount sell it and buy from selling price a lens what is fit for you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila ....it's almost in my pocket Very Happy
I will post as soon as i have it!
The person selling this lens dont really know what it is he is selling
Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am your first buyer LOL if you can't use it Wink some of them has built in shutter I don't know how you can mount , but surely you able to sell any time for lot more.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy or maybe swop for decent macro Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy his exact words was "for macro you need a very sharp and high res lens and because mf covers bigger area the lens res on the crop will not be as good as canon 100 macro and it will be even worse because of the extender needed"
Very Happy this person shoots L series ZOOMS only Embarassed

A similar (stupid) thing was once posted elsewhere (photo.net) and the Zeiss marketing manager then answered. He mentioned that Zeiss designs lenses always to max possible resolution and not stop when a certain limit is reached - in that case the permissable circle of confusion for MF format which would be of coursde much larger than for APS format.

I trust that, since I made a few tests and the resuts were excellent. It is just that these Hasselblad lenses are very bulky and heavy...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!

A working Hasselblad/ Zeiss with good glass for 40usd is a steal!

Get it (and ask him if he has more Wink ), you can always trade these.

The only real disadvantage of a Hasselblad lens is that it is BULKY and HEAVY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
LOL!

A working Hasselblad/ Zeiss with good glass for 40usd is a steal!

Get it (and ask him if he has more Wink ), you can always trade these.

The only real disadvantage of a Hasselblad lens is that it is BULKY and HEAVY

I love to own many similar bulky and heavy lenses Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Hasselblad lenses + adapter Hassel/PK with my Pentax K10D.
Planar 2.8/80, Sonnar 4/150, Distagon 4/50 are pretty comfortable- Sonnar 5.6/250 not quite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty wrote:
Very Happy or maybe swop for decent macro Laughing

LOL
what lens do you want?

kidding ... i think it is very decent, however, you probably need an expensive Hasselblad to xx adapter, but Hasselblad ... that is like getting a Mercedes, whereas Canon, Nikon and Pentax are like Honda and Toyota. Honda and Toyota build very good reliable cars ... and some are even excellent, but a lot of people still prefer more expensive Mercedes, BMW or Audi.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty wrote:
Can this be any good on crop body , i am thinking to use it on tube for 1:1 work if i can get it for reasonable price
does the fact that is a medium format lens degrade the quality on crop body
any info or experience? thanks! Very Happy

IMMEDIATELY GET THIS LENS!!!!

I had a chance to get for 270 GBP BIN but I did doubt!

Usually is sold for 400 GBP and more!!!! It's the sharpest LENS FOR HASSELBLAD EVER made!!!!

tf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn !!!! Contacted the guy again to tell him that i am picking the lens up in person (300km round trip) and pay cash.....Then comes all excuses,lens is co-owned by family member, must first finalize with her...will call back......i call again, he tells me wife doesn't want to sell because lens is from inheritance Rolling Eyes
Why advertise in classifieds if not sure you want to sell !!
I guess ..if it sounds too good to be true it normally is
I am well and truly p.ss.d off !! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did read this forum Sad sorry about your disappointment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila
At least today i won on your local auction site a lens that i still wanted but could not find up to now ,super takumar 50mm/ 1.4 in mint condition with sp1000 spottie for ( 40 US as well)

It s not the makro planar but also a good buy for a lense that is not so common here. looks like all the spotmatics here were sold with takumar 55mm/f2 and the 1.4 quite rare

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Daniel, there is always "next time"...
Or if a friend and collector once told me,
"you find the rearest items if you can wait long enough..."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMMEDIATELY GET THIS LENS!!!!

I had a chance to get for 270 GBP BIN but I did doubt!

Usually is sold for 400 GBP and more!!!! It's the sharpest LENS FOR HASSELBLAD EVER made!!!!

tf[/quote]

Now i am REALLY dissapointed not getting it Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell your self you are a good boy , won't to get too cheap Wink