Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens performance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Lens performance Reply with quote

This is only a snap but I was almost surprised at the quality. It may be unfair to ask you to have a guess what the lens was, but.
It was taken with a zoom lens at around 80mm f5. It’s been upsized to 4100 x 3110 for the crop the original would make a 17 x 13 inch print at 240dpi,
Comments positive or negative would be welcome. I will post what lens after a few replies.
I believe it will surprise many of you!

Added Tue 27th
The lens was the very common Tamron 70-210mm 03A model and I bought this very tatty looking one at the boot sale for £5 because it had a M42 mount on it. I have tried a few examples of the 03A model and never been too impressed with them (103A is much better) but this old one seemed pretty good throughout the range.
I have already given the lens away to a young lad who has just bought a Pentax KM, maybe it will start him off with MF lenses. £5 for a M42 mount is reward and surprise enough for me but even better the young lad has already shown me a couple of excellent 10x8 prints he did with the lens, he is delighted.

Last edited by Rob Leslie on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good overall image.

Very good contrast and good colors (perhaps a little in the cold side).

Sharp lens (sensor bloom in pink borders?)

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not impressed. Could have been shot with a compact camera Razz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many zooms are sharp in specific focal length, but almost none is sharp throught the whole range...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cell phone camera ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours Tamron short zoom, edited "not Adaptall2" - suppose to be "not SP" and if I may mine - 135mm lens, you will be surprised too Laughing , crop -mag. 200x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody responded, it wasn't easy.
Photo was taken with Angenieux 3.5/135
My The Best 135 lens.
Rob, how about yours?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to respond, but didn't want to spoil the surprise!!!