Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can you identify mount of this Telemegor?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject: Can you identify mount of this Telemegor? Reply with quote

All is in the title. This version looks quite uncommon, but I cannot identify the mount. A seller of similar lens has identified it as arriflex, but it is not. Any idea?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea but I think you may be able to swap the mount easily by removing the screws.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a T2 mount lens with adapter. Grasp the knurled part of the adapter and unscrew it from the lens body.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very unusual bayonet! If you DO work out what it's from please post it on here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
I think a T2 mount lens with adapter. Grasp the knurled part of the adapter and unscrew it from the lens body.

Indeed! … and if this is the case there's a good chance there's at least an abbreviation of the mount designation on the "hidden" face of the adaptor.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Strangely, the knurled part does not come off, and there isn't any screw in the little holes. I believe the knurled part was intended to help to mount the lens on the camera. Do you know if MOG (or other east german brand) participated to any soviet space program? This lens was found in a soviet optical institut (back then they collected a lot of german lenses, sometime quite rare). Since I cannot find the camera it was intended for, I try to find in niche "market" like space camera or technical devices.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be a long shot but this somehow reminds of: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32828268644.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this lens was only made in m39 fitting. Many of the early batches were made for military including Sweden.

Is quite possible that it may have had a bespoke adapter fitted to it. What's the back focus distance ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging from the looks and robustness of the mount I would hazard a guess this is a breech-lock mount, not a bayonet mount.

Possibly a bespoke industrial or military mount system. The slot in one of the tabs likely aligns with a pinned protrusion in the breech lock on the "camera" to fix the correct orientation.

Not too dissimilar from the system used on the Pentacon-6 mount, only that one is much larger and the orientation pin is on the lens and the slot in the camera.

On the off-chance that this is a bespoke limited production version, did you try if the knurled part unscrews clockwise rather than counter-clockwise?