Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nik Silver Efex Pro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Nik Silver Efex Pro Reply with quote

I got a friends computer over and he has the full version of Nik Silver Efex Pro. Anyone interested in seeing what conversions to black and white looks like using it? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest pass to a set on flickr. All images are named with the film that they try to emulate. All conversions are made with default settings. There are finetune with different filters, such as red, green, blue etc. Also there are brightness, contrast and structure sliders (structure is local contrast kinda).

http://flickr.com/gp/zewrak/o72N6h

If anyone is interested I can do a conversion for each colourfilm aswell.

You pretty much have to go to full size to see some of the grains though. Picture is not edited in anyway except for the conversions and the crop.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting.
These are all the common films.
Is there others like the Rollei branded ones from Maco?

I'm curious about Rollei IR and R3.

How about Agfa Scala?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. But you can create your own templates. And there are more at Nik's website, havent checked myself. There are also about 30 different colourfilms as default. Plus alot of other funky stuff. Such as different approaches to do different tonings and stuff. I fell in love with "Bleach Bypass". Smile

Im going to fiddle with it and see what else i can come up with. But to me it is very impressive so far. I used Onone and Alien Skin before, but they are both big, slow and bloaty. This seem very trimmed down.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
Thanks man I will check it out. They must have a trial version available. Most programs do these days.

BTW if you find that Rollei/Maco IR or R3 it is one of my favs in the real film world.