Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica Mat 124G & History of Delhi
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Yashica Mat 124G & History of Delhi Reply with quote

Hey guys,

This is my first try with medium format with the Yashicamat 124G. I brought this camera from Hong Kong being very sceptical about its internal condition. After recieving the first roll, the impression is that the lens is so so, think now I need to eye for a Rolleiflex (I am hooked to the TLR format just running one roll....its awesome).

I was missing the filters though. I till now dont have the Bay I filters

And oh! this is cheap Fuji Neopan 100 film to start with. Have a few Velvia 100 in stock though. Wink

[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Yashica 124G is a great camera , nice samples where did you take this pictures in Delhi, I spent half year there ,perhaps I know it.

I suggest to take 6x9 folder instead of Rollei , due larger size of negative.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnaks Attila, this is in Qutub Minar (a UNESCO heritage site). I am sure you had visited this place as this is an unmistakable spot for someone visiting Delhi.

Not that I considered a 6X9, but very few are available in good condition nowadays- Voightlanders are surely on the Radar.... but a TLR is more favored due to its ease of use (and not to mention the attention you get Very Happy , people rember the TLR and no the folder)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Yes I spent many afternoons there, I thought these pictures taken there. I was shocked about iron column and huge tower over there.
Tower surface quality is amazing truly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure to pick up a lens hood for your TLR as the lenses flare easily...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with a little Neopan here and there Smile

I really like the deep black of the first one, combined with the intricate columns right next to the darkness...and then the texture in the shadow areas. Very nice Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott

Yes you are right...have experienced that in couple of frames... Lens Hood on its way.

Ryan

Thanks for the comment. Glad you liked it. As a matter of fact this extreme contrast was waht attracted me to this composition.