Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Inglesham Saxon Church.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Inglesham Saxon Church. Reply with quote

Inglesham Saxon Church.
This is a fantastic Church, I photographed it a couple of times last year and I’m sure I will be doing it again.
For full details of the Church
http://www.visitchurches.org.uk/content.php?nID=11&churchID=146

Peleng 8mm fisheye on 1.5 crop Pentax DSLR corrected in PS.

It’s been a while since I posted any film shots. These are from the Pentax ME Super fitted with Zenitar 16mm lens, Neg scans on the simple Epson 2480 flatbed at 2400dpi.

For normal shots see my Blog post.
http://roblesliephotography.blogspot.com/2009/01/ingelsham-saxon-church.html

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Great! Reply with quote

Wonderful shots, and the architecture's not bad either!

I'm guessing middle English Gothic rounded? lol

Makes me quite 'homesick' for blighty!

Doug.

Happy 2009!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots! Peleng really shines here Very Happy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is great ones!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice shots - I especially like the internal shot of the ceiling.

Matt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I posted these few because of the lenses used and also the Zenitar on film.
I have done many more of the place, its great fun photographing it and a challenge to try and capture the interior as I see it. I shall be back there a few more times yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a great set of shots super quality and I love all those textures in the inside shots

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Photos! (all of them really) and also interesting from an historical point of view. This forum does not only increase our knowledge about lenses but also on the world outside.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful pictures and first class scans too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Strobist’s amongst us these two shots are from setting up.
The first has the flash firing too weak. The second has the first flash firing in almost the correct position while the second flash is not where it should be yet.
For me part of the fun of doing these shots is working out some lighting set ups. IMO there isn’t a right or wrong way of doing it you just balance flash to fill the dark areas you don’t want. I do try to match the light direction to the natural light and never let it overpower the natural light. In this case you can see the flash unit far right is near a window, I moved it back right into that hidden window space which resulted in what looked like natural light coming in.
I don’t think this lovely little place would look right with even lighting such as I would use in a straight white/cream church interior as my post with the paper lantern soft box.
I hope these give some ideas and encourage people to have a go.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few snaps of the church with the Canon G5
No flash, no wide lens, just the sort of shot any P & S could do.
http://roblesliephotography.blogspot.com/2009/01/inglesham-church-snaps.html